Bed and Breakfast: Per night, per room - 90€
Self Catering: A variety of options are available at certain times of year - From 350€ per week
Please contact us for seasonal offers.
One Base Holiday in Las Chimeneas, Mairena
One week half board 550€ per person - includes all route notes and maps, a visit to the Mairena olive mill and our organic farm with a talk about local farming methods. We also include a visit to the ancient church of Jubar with a talk on local history and the legacy of the Moors, as well as help with and organization of a range of other activities. Pick up from either Almeria or Granada can be organised for a supplement of 50€ per person
In this package we offer you a menu of possible walks and day trips from which you can choose each day. This gives you the option to make use of our detailed knowledge of the area and to choose exactly what you would like to do on a daily basis depending, on the weather and your energies.
A sample list of the kind of walks and activities that are available is as follows:
- Full day's hike to peak of Morron el Mediodia (2730 m) high in the Sierra Nevada.
- Visit to local village of Yegen, home of writer and Hispanophile Gerald Brenan.
- Cookery demonstrations: Learn to make local Spanish dishes such as tortilla, patatas a la pobre or paella. Depending on the time of year sometimes this is organised at our the farm where our cooks Sole and Conchi demonstrate a range of dishes cooked in the traditional way over an open fire. More formal cookery weeks are also an option. Please contact us for more details
- Visit to the award winning bodega Buenavista
- 15 km mountain bike descent on forest trails back to house from mountain pass of Puerto de la Ragua.
- Visit to historic city of Granada and guided tour of Alhambra.
- Various half day's strolls through almond terraces and pick up from the neighbouring villages.
Pick up from either Almeria or Granada can be organised for a supplement of 50€ per person each way
Self Guided Trekking Option - Four Base Holiday
One week half board 680€ per person. For the more ambitious walkers we offer a four base holiday which includes airport transfer and baggage transport. For hikers who make their own way to Las Chimeneas there is a reduction of 50€ per person.
- Day 1 and day 2 are spent in Casa Las Chimeneas from where you choose from a variety of walks for the first day.
- On day 3 you set off with detailed route notes and map and start to walk westward along the ancient Camino Real pathway. You will stay one night in the picturesque whitewashed village of Yegen, home of Gerald Brenan and then a further night in Berchules perched high on the mountain side with views down the valley.
- On day 5 you reach village of Trevelez, situated in the shadows of Mulhacen, the highest mountain in Spain and famous for its cured hams.
- On day 6 you are transported back to Mairena for a final day to relax or, for the energetic, a final walk before your return journey.
Each day is a full day's hike through varied and stunning landscape complete with wooded gorges, fertile olive terraces and over craggy ridges at higher altitudes.